Career Day

I was asked by a local school to participate in their local "career day" festivities - which was held today. My responsibility was to put together vital information for the kiddos that would be helpful to them in dreaming of what they wanted to be when they grow up. Here are some of the questions I was told to be ready for:

  • What do you do?
  • How much money does a typical person in your field make?
  • What do you like about your job?
  • What do you not like?

    The funny thing is that only five kids actually seem to care about my career. Perhaps it was the candies, fake tattoos and wristbands I offered for free on my table (which made my exhibit the coolest) that distracted them?

    Here are some of my tweets today which provided a nice play-by-play for all to enjoy:

  • the plumber is wow'ing the kids with his tools. i have candy!
  • a kid spilled a drink on my nice table! grrr.
  • they want my candy and fake tattoos. they don't care about my career!
  • the accountant is very unpopular...
  • kid: are u a movie person? me: like a mouie star?! kid: um...no.
  • oh snap! I got a kid in trouble.
  • a kid just asked if I had poison in my candy.
  • the plumber brought a toilet!
  • the staff thought it was funny i'm passing out dumdums (pops) at the school
  • holy smokes...one girl is writing down what i say
  • me: what do u want 2 b when u grow up? kid: a stripper.

    Quite the day. I'm not quite sure I inspired anyone... but I made it fun!

    Follow the hilarity on twitter and subscribe to follow me here.

     Subscribe to the RSS Feed

    Labels: , , , ,

  • 3 Responses to “Career Day”

    1. # Blogger Joy Manoleros

      they're only interested in your candy and fake tattoos? welcome to MY world....
      :o)  

    2. # Blogger Terrace Crawford

      @Joy - Yea, it was pretty sad.  

    3. # Anonymous Anonymous

      I don't drop a leave a response, but I looked at a few of the responses here "Career Day". I do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to mind. Is it simply me or does it give the impression like some of these comments look as if they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I'd
      like to follow you. Would you make a list of all of all your social community pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


      Here is my blog; lv steel targets  

    Post a Comment


     Subscribe to RSS
    Add to Technorati Favorites


    Categories




    My Next Stops...








         Subscribe to my RSS Feed


        Powered by Blogger



        © 2009 [TerraceCrawford.com] | TerraceCrawford.com